Please include the following information on your site:
- Maximum desired Coanda weir length
- Penstock or withdrawal flow (m^3/s, l/s, ft^3/s or gpm)
- Maximum operating water level (above weir)
- Design flood level (above weir)
- Remember if you are in the planning phase there will need to be bypass gates and a stilling chamber as well as wing walls and the intake itself.
- How much water are you diverting from the river Will this amount increase in the future.
- How deep above the crest of the weir will the water normally get to? This figure could be the 1 in 10 year return flow for a hydroelectric plant. This depends on how critical it is to have water flow through the screens. For example a municipal intake has a higher need for water at very high flows than a power plant
- This is the worst case scenario and it determines the structural load the Coanda intake is designed for